When talking about tankless water heaters that use natural gas as fuel, the price of a Camplux water heater is always within your budget. Their products are of unique design, ready to be fitted anywhere. The Camplux 10L 2.64 GPM Digital Display Natural Gas Tankless Water Heater is also a very good device of the Camplux series. It is perfect for indoor uses like cabins, small houses or apartments, etc. This device is mounted on the wall with a proper ventilation system. A 120-volt plug is used to power to start the ignition system. A multi functional safety system is also used for precautions. This device uses eco-friendly gas switches, which are very energy efficient. The flow rate is 2.64 GPM, and there is also a digital color display of temperature. It costs 228.99$, which is really reasonable. The weight is 23.8 pounds. The Camplux 10L 2.64 package includes a Natural Gas Water heater, Instruction Manual, Horizontal Venting, Installation Hardwares.
Features of Camplux 10L 2.64 GPM
Natural gas fuel
This heater runs by natural gas, which starts heating the cold water whenever the water flow starts and passes through the heat exchanger. 20-100 lb natural gas tank is needed for this unit to run. A propane gas regulator with low pressure is also used.
Unlimited hot water production
Once the device activates and water starts passing throughthe machine, unlimited hot water is produced. To get the desired water flow ,water pressure range is 3.6-110.0 PSI and the maximum output is 68,000 btu per hour offering a 77-degree Fahrenheit temperature rise at 2.64 GPM. The water flow will start with minimum 0.4 PSI.
Digital temperature display
This device shows the temperature digitally on its surface. Which is really easy to read.
This unit is an energy saver as it uses full Eco and gas switch to get hot water.
Multi functional safety options:
Flame-out cut off technology, anti-freezing technology, overheating protection, airflow pressure switch etc. are present in the heater system to prevent accidents.
Portability and easy installation
The design is easy enough to install and mounted with proper ventilation. It uses standard 1/2" NPT water fittings and is designed with easy to use manual water temperature knobs. The 120-volt power plug is used to safe start the ignition system, the exhaust fan, and the color screen.
Warranty And customer service
Camplux offers a 1-year warranty for their unit. Their customer service is also helpful and friendly towards their clients.
What People Like
- The budget-friendly device with quality service.
- It has several safety measures like anti-freezing protection, flame failure protection device for extra security. A 20-minute cycle is also included to shut the machine off automatically.
- It can be used with batteries in off-grid areas. 2 D cell batteries are used to initiate the ignition system.
- It has a digital dial to control temperature.
- The installation process is fast and easy. It comes with all types of equipment to install the device.
- It is better not to use this unit for drinking water as it contains metal that could contaminate the water during the heating process.
- It won’t work with low water pressure.
- The cold water faucet might not make consistent water flow.
- Any dangerous products around the device can cause fire accident if not careful enough.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. Do we need batteries to activate this device?
No, this device does not require any batteries, as it is a plugin system.
2. What is the flow rate of this unit?
This unit has a flow rate of 2.64 Gallon Per Minute.
3. How should I mount this unit on the wall? Vertically or horizontally?
You have to mount it vertically.
4. Can this unit be turned off automatically?
Yes, it has a 20-minute cycle to turn itself off.
5. What type of power plug is needed to run this unit?
110V US plug will be needed for this unit.
6. To activate this unit, what range of water pressure is required?
The water pressure range should be 3.6-110 PSI to get the desired flow-rate.
7. What type of gas is used to run this device?
It uses both propane and natural gas to run this unit.
8. what equipment are included in the package?
The product comes with a CM264 Natural Gas Water heater, Instruction Manual, Horizontal Venting, Installation Hardware.
9. Can I use this heater for drinking water?
No. This heater is not suitable for drinking water.
10. Will this work above 5000 ft?
No. This unit is recommended to use under 2000 ft.
There are some easy steps to install the device. The packet includes a natural gas water heater, Instruction Manual, Horizontal Venting, and Installation Hardware. You will need a 120-volt power plug for the device to run. First, you have to select a location where you want to install this unit. You have to use the horizontal stainless steel pipe to establish the group on the wall. You have to mount the heater on the wall. You have to join the garden hose adapter in the ‘water input’ first and then attach the garden hose. Connect the gas cylinder and regulator with the water heater gently. Make sure you don’t get over tight the regulator. Then connect the shower head to the ‘water outlet.’ And your heater is ready for you to use.
There are several tankless water heater in the market. But if you are looking for something which is reasonable but offers excellent quality service, the camplux series can provide you with a great deal. The 10L 2.64 GPM Camplux portable tankless natural gas residential water heater is definitely a fit option for any indoor options like a small home, cabin, or small apartments. With a flow rate of 2.64 GPM along with the low budget price, this unit is an ideal tankless heater for indoor hot water production.