When talking about tankless water heaters that use propane gas as fuel, a Camplux water heater’s price is always the right choice. The Camplux 10L Outdoor 2.64 GPM Digital Display Portable Propane Gas Tankless Water Heater is a good option if you think about purchasing an outdoor water heater. You can use it in your cabin, backyard bathtub, etc. The price is also around 200 bucks, which are quite affordable. The instant heating device needs 2 D size batteries to function. The maximum temperature can be 123 F degrees. The minimum temperature rise is 46 F degrees, so if the incoming water temperature rises to 50 F, the unit will deliver hot water at 95 F. Like many other units, the environment influences this unit. On the front space of the device is a display that shows you reading inlet water temperature. There are also several knobs to control heat and to adjust the water pressure. This unit also has two settings (winter and summer modes), which can be changed due to weather.
This heater runs by propane gas, which starts heating the cold water whenever the water flow starts and passes through the heat exchanger. 20-100 lb natural gas tank is needed for this unit to run. A propane gas regulator with low pressure is also used.
Unlimited hot water production:
Once the device activates and water starts passing through the machine, endless hot water is produced. To get the desired water flow, the water pressure range is 3.6-110.0 PSI, and the maximum output is 68,000 BTU per hour, offering a 77-degree Fahrenheit temperature rise at 2.64 GPM. The water flow will start with a minimum of 0.4 PSI. This also works well with the modified water system with a 12-volt water pump.
Copper heat exchanger and digital temperature display:
The heat exchanger is made of copper, which instantly starts heating the water. This device also shows the temperature digitally on its surface.
This unit saves 11.5% of energy as it uses a full eco and gas switch to get hot water.
Multifunctional safety options:
Flameout cut off the technology, anti-freezing technology, overheating protection, airflow pressure switch, etc., are present in the heater system to prevent accidents.
Portability and easy installation:
The design is easy enough to install and mounted with proper ventilation. It uses standard 1/2″ NPT water fittings and is designed with easy to use manual water temperature knobs. The 120-volt power plug is used to safely start the ignition system, the exhaust fan, and the color screen.
Warranty and customer service:
Camplux offers a 1-year warranty for their unit. Their customer service is also helpful and friendly towards their clients.
- A budget-friendly device with excellent service can be easily moved anywhere due to its sleek and light structure.
- It has several safety measures like overheating protection, anti-freezing protection, flame failure device, as extra precautions. A 20-minute cycle is also included to shut the machine off automatically.
- It can be used with batteries in off-grid areas. 2 D cell batteries are used to initiate the ignition system if no electricity is available.
- Although it is an outdoor device, it can be installed indoors too with proper ventilation and an extra flue pipe.
- CSA approved gas regulator. It works smoothly with a low level of water pressure.
- It has a digital dial to control the temperature.
- The installation process is fast and easy. It comes with all types of equipment to install the device.
- It is better not to use this unit for drinking water as it contains metal that could contaminate the water during the heating process.
- This will not work if the height is more than 2000 ft.
- The cold water faucet might not make consistent water flow.
- Any dangerous products around the device can cause a fire accident if not careful enough.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. Do we need batteries to activate this device?
Yes, this device requires 2 D cell batteries to run the system.
2. What is the flow rate of this unit?
This unit has a flow rate of 2.64 Gallon Per Minute.
3. How should I mount this unit on the wall? Vertically or horizontally?
You have to mount it vertically.
4. Can this unit be turned off automatically?
Yes, it has a 20-minute cycle to turn itself off.
5. What type of power plug is needed to run this unit?
110V US plug will be needed for this unit.
6. To activate this unit, what range of water pressure is required?
The water pressure range should be 3.6-110 PSI to get the desired flowrate.
7. What type of gas is used to run this device?
Propane gas is used to run this unit.
8. what equipments are included in the package?
The product comes with a tankless Water heater, Instruction hardware packs, shower head, and hose.
9. Can I use this heater for drinking water?
No. This heater is not suitable for drinking water.
10. Will this work under 2000 ft?
Yes. This unit is recommended to use under 2000 ft.
There are some easy steps to install the device. The packet includes a water heater, Installation Hardware packs, water hose, and regulators. You will need extra 2D cell batteries for the device to run. First, you have to select a location where you want to install this unit. After inserting the batteries correctly, attach the gas regulator to the device. Do not overtighten to avoid any leakage issue. Join the gas inlet connector and the water inlet connector properly. Join the showerhead to the water outlet point. Use screws to mount the unit permanently. Turn off the LP cylinder valve on the supply cylinder.
Switch on the water outlet device and turn on the cylinder all the way open. Set the water knob to the highest number and the gas knob to the minimum amount. Adjust the water flow and turn on the water output device. The heater is ready for you to use.
There are several tankless glasses of water on the market. But if you are looking for something reasonable but offers excellent quality service, the camplux series can provide you with a great deal. The 10L 2.64 GPM Camplux portable tankless propane gas tankless water heater may not be the best device available in the market for outdoor purposes. Still, performance-wise it has always delivered satisfactory results according to many customers. It is easily movable and supplies hot water with a reasonable flow rate. Considering all the pros and cons of this product, the pros weigh more than the cons for sure.